Hi! My name is Hannah and I am nine years old. I am so excited! I am excited because tomorrow my daddy’s going to take me to the zoo. I love the zoo!
We are going to see snakes! The last time I went to the zoo I saw the cutest tiny green snake. I want to see more snakes!
We are going to see the tigers. I am going to roar at the tigers! Can you roar like a tiger too?
I am going to hop like a kangaroo when I see the kangaroos! When I see the penguins I am going to waddle like them. They look so funny when they walk!
I am going to sing like the birds and I am going to flap my arms and fly with them too! I am going to be a beautiful blue bird with a bright yellow beak! My song will be the most beautiful song ever!
We are going to find the giraffes too. They have very long necks. I am going to pretend that my neck is very long just like a giraffe! I don’t like eating leaves like giraffes do. No, leaves taste awful! I am only going to pretend to eat them.
My daddy’s going to let me buy something from the gift shop. I don’t know what I am going to want but I can’t wait to see what there is! We are going to have fun! I am so excited!
- awful (adjective) - very bad or unpleasant
- beak (noun) - the hard part of a bird’s mouth
- cutest (adjective) superlative form of cute - pleasant or nice, especially of someone young or something small
- hop (verb) - to move by jumping
- pretend (verb) - to behave as if something is true when it’s not.
- tiny (adjective) - very small
- waddle (verb) - walks with short steps while moving from side to side
More vocabulary? Click on the icon that looks like a book, to the left
Did you understand the story? Are these sentences true?
1. Hannah is excited because she is going to go to the zoo tomorrow. Yes or no?
2. Hannah is six years old. Yes or no?
3. Hannah likes to pretend that she is an animal. Yes or no?
4. Her mother is taking her to the zoo. Yes or no?
5. Hannah knows how to fly. Yes or no?
Fill in the Blanks:
6. Giraffes have long _________________ and they like to eat ________________.
7. Hannah is going to __________________ like a penguin.
8. Hannah remembers seeing a cute tiny __________________ at the zoo.
9. Hannah is going to be a ___________________ blue bird with a ________________ beak.>> Answers